Saturday, November 25, 2017

Chrome's Library Extension Will Change Your Reading Life!

I love the BookRiot blog and today I read a post from the blog that will change how I find books I want to explore and read.   

It is called the Library Extension and described as the #1 Browser Extension that lets you instantly see book and eBook availability from your local library.  

You will find this BookRiot blog post here
In the post, you will also find a link for the Library Extension that you can also find here.

From this link, you can add it as a Chrome Extension...and soon with Firefox.
 Once it is added as a Chrome Extension, you just click on the extension to set up your libraries.
I set up the West Des Moines Public Library for my books and eBooks.

You can add multiple libraries so I added our local Denver Public Library branch too.
Then when I searched books like Ghost by Jason Reynolds, the Library Extension will tell me if the book and eBooks are available in the West Des Moines Public Library.

It will even let me place a hold on the book.
The Library Extension will work in different places online, including Google Books, Amazon, Goodreads and others.

This will change the way I search, find and purchase new books.

Even though I love adding new books to our home libraries in Iowa and Colorado, it will also encourage me to use the public even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment