Monday, October 23, 2017

Truck, Truck, GOOSE....A Funny New Book From My Friend Tammi Sauer!

One day, I received a package in the mail. 

When I open it up, a tiny pair of red glasses fell out.  I couldn't wait to see what was inside!  

I pulled out Truck, Truck, GOOSE! 
I was so excited to see it was the new book from my friend Tammi Sauer.
This sweet book would join several others that Tammi wrote over the last several years.  You will find all of her books here.
A favorite of mine has always been Me Want Pet!  

In fact, this is the book that brought Tammi and I together, along with his Hagan and his 1st grade friends.  I love thinking about the fun we had making pet rocks.  You can read all about this project here.
For this engaging, funny and simple play on the popular children's game Duck, Duck Goose, Tammi teamed up with illustrator Zoe Waring.
 Her illustrations bring the characters to life in the situations taking place throughout the book.
I fell in love with them the first time I read it! 

There are a lot of wonderful tie in's to character, setting, theme and more throughout this entire book.

I love thinking about the conversation that will take place around all of the different vehicles too! 
You can order Duck, Duck GOOSE from your favorite book vendor, including Follett on Titlewave.
It is the perfect addition to your library at school and home. 

And as Kirkus Reviews states as Tammi has on her site,

Don't duck this picture book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment