Sunday, June 11, 2017

More Games, Songs, Resources and Research To Support Our Digital Citizens

Yesterday I posted about Google's new program, Be Internet Awesome!  And it sure is awesome...I know you and your students will think so too.

There are also other wonderful games, resources and research to support our digital citizens too.

Above you will find an image of the Symbaloo I created for Digital Citizenship and Media Literacy earlier this year.  You can get to this Symbaloo here.
In fact, I just added Be Internet Awesome to the Symbaloo.  They are circled above.

I added a tile for the Be Internet Awesome Resources for teachers and parents too.
And I am super excited to share my new book with Cantata Learning, with my friend Emily Arrow singing, to the Symbaloo too!  
Staying Safe Online can be found here.  You will love sharing this with your students as they sing, learn and practice skills for being safe online.

Since this Symbaloo would be overwhelming to share with kids, I created one just for them!
You will find the I Am A Digital Citizen Symbaloo here.

This one includes Google's Be Internet Awesome, the suite of digital citizenship games from Common Sense Media,  PBS Webonauts and lots of games, eBooks and resources from NetSmarts, Kids.gov, BrainPOP, Professor Garfield and more!

If you see any that are not included, please let me know and I will add them right away.  And this is public, so use it, share it and you can even turn off the sharing and use it as your own.
One more thing that will be helpful to you, especially as we have time this summer, is the Follett Community webinar I did a few months ago.
It is called Digital Literacy: Project Connect's Microcredential Course and the recording can be found here.

In this webinar, we explored the definitions and importance of digital literacy and citizenship.  I also told my story of integrating digital literacy and citizenship into the library and school by creating a supportive and engaging curriculum, program and community. 

I focused on various programs and resources that support digital literacy and citizenship. 
One that I am very passionate about and that is perfect for learning the skills yourself is Project Connect. Follett created Project Connect to advocate and support librarians as leaders in Future Ready Librarianship skills, including digital literacy.  

They have also developed an online microcredential course to help librarians and others develop a vision and plan to promote digital learning within their library.  I recently took this course and loved sharing specifics during the webinar. 

I know you will enjoy learning how you can sign up and get involved in Project Connect too.  You can do that here.

It is important for all of us to understand how to best empower our students as they become responsible digital citizens and critical consumers of information.  Please watch the webinar to find out more!  

Be AWESOME today friends, as we empower and teach our digital citizens!  

No comments:

Post a Comment