Thursday, June 15, 2017

Andrea Beaty Shares Her Special New Rosie Revere Book With Me...Read What She Has To Say!

I love finding books about making, creating, building, inventing, drawing and more!  They hold a special place in our library at home as they do in school and public libraries, Makerspaces and classrooms around the world. 

One of my favorite authors of these creative treasures is my friend Andrea Beaty.  Her books Rosie Revere, Engineer; Ada Twist, Scientist; and Iggy Peck, Architect are just the best and perfect for our makers!  

Last week I picked up her newest book, Rosie Revere's Big Project Book for Bold Engineers featuring 40 things to invent, draw and make.  
You can go to the Abrams Books site to flip through a few of the pages.  I know you will love it too. 

As I worked through a couple of the pages myself, I wanted to know more from Andrea about creating this special new book.  

This is what Andrea shared with me....


I wrote the book to help kids see themselves as engineers. Engineers are creative and look at problems in new ways. I want kids to say, "I'm like that! Maybe I'm an engineer, too!"

The activities meet kids where they are and take them further into the world of engineering by exploring the engineering design process. There are lots of brainstorming activities plus some hands-on projects. And some poems!

Here's my favorite:

Three cheers for the Engineer,
creative and so smart.
Finds a problem. Fixes it
with Science, Math, and Art!

There are also some real-world, big problem solving sections. Kids want to help and inviting them to be involved with big problems is important. We need them!

In the fall, the Iggy project book will be out. It does the same thing with architecture and explores the basic elements of architectural design. it's a fun book and so beautiful. David and the art department at Abrams have gone wild!

And . . . I'm working on the Ada Twist book which, I think, comes out next spring!

Busy! Busy!  But so much fun!

You can read all about Andrea's other books and will find tons of materials to go with the Rosie, Iggy and Ada books here.

No comments:

Post a Comment