Wednesday, April 12, 2017

AutoDraw...A Fun New Way To Draw From Google!

Tweets and posts have been popping up all day about something new from Google!  

When my friend Brett Salakas @MRsalakas from Australia posted this tweet earlier, I knew I had to check it out for myself.  

And I am so happy I did!  

It is called AutoDraw and according to the website it is a new web-based tool that pairs machine learning with drawings created by talented artists to help you draw.  It works on your phone, computer, or tablet (and it's free!).  

So the next time you want to make a birthday card, party invite or just doodle on your phone, it'll be as easy and fast as everything else on the web. 

I had to give it a try for myself!  
 First I tried out AutoDraw on my laptop.
I drew a simple person, very simple, to see what would come up.  You can see on the top that it is asking me Do You Mean....and giving lots of drawings to pick from.
I picked the mermaid to see what it would look like.

How cool!
I then used more of the tools on the sidebar to write, fill and sign my drawing.
 In the left hand corner there is a drop down menu.  This is where I can pick the size, share,  download and watch a How-To video.
I love that you can also check out all of the Artists' Drawings and even submit ideas that you don't see in AutoDraw yet.  

And as Brett shows, AutoDraw is just as cool using a phone.  I can't wait to use it there and to send in a text.  

AutoDraw would also be a fun tool to smash with other digital tools and apps too.  Your students could use it to draw and upload into Buncee to tell a story they write or illustrate a poem for Poetry Month.  
To learn more about AutoDraw, watch this video and check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment